Steaks must be 3/4 inch, but not thinner.
- Prepare each side the same.
- Salt steak with coarse or shaved sea salt. Should be evenly salted, but not overly.
- Add Garlic Powder, Rosemary, Pepper, and Smoked Paprika liberally
- Sprinkle Avocado or Sunflower oil on side. Work spices and salt together with oil into meat to a nice coating. Shouldn’t be runny. Just enough oil to allow spices and salt to stick to side.
- Turn over and repeat
- Let rest on Rack at least 30 minutes. I put the rack on a cookie sheet so I can just add directly to oven.
- Preheat oven to broil 10 minutes. This allows the element to get to full working temp.
- Put upper rack on second rung. Steaks should be about 2 inches from element when added to oven.
- Cut a 3/8 pattie of butter into 4 quarters. The butter blocks should be 3/8 inch.
- Add two blocks of butter evenly spaced on the steak.
- Add to oven.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Turn steak and add two more blocks of butter.
- Cook 4 minutes.
- CAUTION- Oven will smoke, so turn fan to high.
- Remove steaks from oven and lightly tent and rest for 10-15 minutes.